Thursday, March 20, 2008

THE MAGICIAN'S NEPHEW- by c.s. lewis

At some point, I decided I needed to start at the beginning, and read all of the Chronicles of Narnia. I think I read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe as a kid, but never the other books, and since m. has the whole set, I could easily borrow them from her.
This book was actually written after the rest, but was meant as an explanation for how Narnia came to be. Digory and his friend Polly stumble across a secret tunnel, and accidentally end up in his crazy uncle's attic room. The uncle is a magician, and has found a way of making things disappear into another time, but is too afraid to go himself. He tricks Polly into touching a magic ring, and after she disappears, Digory goes to help her. Their adventures while in this other world show the creation of Narnia, along with Aslan and the witch.
How could I not like this? It's one of the great childhood books!
Netflix rating? 4.5/5 stars.

No comments: