Thursday, March 20, 2008

THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE- by audrey niffinegger

This is a pretty long book, which is why it's been on my shelf for so long. I'm glad that I finally got about to reading it, because it was definitely a good one.
Henry De Tamble suffers from "chrono displacement disorder" which basically means he disappears unexpectedly and travels to another point in his life- past or future. He meets his wife Clare when they're both in their 20's, but due to his time traveling, she first met him when she was 6. She grew up knowing him at different ages, but it isn't until he's older that he meets her as a child. The book follows Henry and his trips through past, present and future, and shows how ultimately, his relationship with Clare is what defines him.
I wish that there had been more exploration of the characters towards the end of the book, but I understand why Niffinegger ended it the way she did. All in all, I loved it.
Netflix rating? 4.5/5 stars.

No comments: