Monday, August 27, 2007

EAT, PRAY, LOVE- by elizabeth gilbert

This month, the bookclub book is "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. I'm a mere 60 pages into it, but those 60 pages are by far, the best 60 pages I've ever read. While I can't review the book yet, if the other 292 pages continue on the same path, I'm pretty confident that it will not only receive the first 5 star rating from me, but also receive the spot of "my favorite book ever." What I've found most surprising is that the topic itself, while interesting, wouldn't necessarily make for a favorite book. What does so is the author's style of writing. After reading one paragraph last night, I found myself thinking about how impressive it was- something that I don't ever think while reading a book. (If the writing's great, I usually think about it when I've finished the book- never while I'm in the midst.) I have high hopes for this one, and will give a full review once I'm done.

No comments: